Home Live Radio Podcast Live TV Vodcast Forum Files Login Register :     Contact : 

Forum index Forum: Missing Stations Topic: Updating US Radio station database Last replied to: April 20, 2018, 6:25 pm Back to post view
AuthorPostOptions
Posted by alg2468 Message # 1     Posted at March 27, 2018, 9:20 pm,     subject: Updating US Radio station database  
Registration date: August 29, 2015

Hello:

I am trying to update the links to the radio stations in the US so we here can enjoy more radio stations.  What I am finding is some streaming URLs are easier to find than others. Numerous radio stations have changed programming and streaming formats, call letters, merged with other stations, or are no longer broadcasting.The radio stations using as their server TunerGenie, Stream the World, and Triton are the most difficult to decipher and get an mp3 or aac stream. If anyone can help in instruction as to how to decipher the streams on the above mentioned it would be appreciated.

Posted by alg2468 Message # 2     Posted at April 19, 2018, 9:36 pm,     subject: Updating US Radio station database  

Hello:

I have tried updated the streaming URL's for a lot of US radio stations so that they are working again as so many have changed. In addition, radio stations from 1.fm, 181.fm, Big R Radio, OTR, GotRadio, 977 are also now working. However, stations from sky.fm, Soma FM, Airtuns, Radioio, Lucky Seven, Digitally Imported FM, Choice radio, NWR, 1ClubFM, and Chronix are either not working or out of business.

Posted by Nobi Message # 3     Posted at April 19, 2018, 10:14 pm,     subject: Updating US Radio station database  
Registration date: April 27, 2013

Hi Anthony,
There are some stations in the USA with "regional limitations". That means, I have no access to the streaming data from Germany.
Assuming you have access to the moderator panel, would you please be so kind and have a look to the record of "WSHA 88.9 FM Shaw University".
There is no streaming in Germany, but it may work for you. I have no idea how to check it from my side.

Nobi

Posted by alg2468 Message # 4     Posted at April 20, 2018, 2:46 pm,     subject: Updating US Radio station database  

Hello Nobi:

I checked and WSHA is not in the Listenlive database nor is it in the Online Radio Box database either (which has many radio stations and streaming URL lilnks). The station is located in Raliegh, NC, and is run by Shaw University, and on its website it has downloads for a Tune In and Desktop Streaming file, but I could not decode an mp3 file. So I have emailed the station asking them to send me an mp3 streaming file so it can be added to the database.

It would be great if the were no regional limitations on where US radio stations could be heard, but as listeners were probably have no control over what the large radio companies decide and why the place restrictions. Public noncommercial radio stations run by educational institutions have not changed their streaming URLs as frequently as other types of stations.  However, the most popular and listened to stations in the US appear to be commercial stations, in the Sports, News, Talk, and Music genre, and to a lesser extent Religious and Ethnic stations, which have changed formats, call letters, owners, and audio streams frequently since a lot of the database here was compiled. 

Anthony

Posted by Nobi Message # 5     Posted at April 20, 2018, 6:15 pm,     subject: Updating US Radio station database  

Hello Anthony,
WSHA is on the list of Approve Radio Links - therefore I asked if you have access.

TuneIn tells me with WSHA: This station is not available at your location.
But it's not true.
I can play the WSHA stream
  mms://WSHAStreamer17.shawu.edu/WSHAFM88.9%20Live%20Stream
by using the Windows Media Player.

Posted by Nobi Message # 6     Posted at April 20, 2018, 6:25 pm,     subject: Updating US Radio station database  

The WSHA stream
  mms://WSHAStreamer17.shawu.edu/WSHAFM88.9%20Live%20Stream
is an RTSP (Real-Time Streaming Protocol) with a list of  10 WMA streams with different bitrates.
You will find the ASX script for WSHA at
  http://live.wshafm.org/WSHA

(Last Edited by Nobi on April 22, 2018, 3:03 pm)