Home Live Radio Podcast Live TV Vodcast Forum Files Login Register :     Contact : 

Forum index Forum: Missing Stations Topic: Newbie How to use and Submit Last replied to: August 15, 2016, 8:05 am Back to post view
AuthorPostOptions
Posted by Ahope Message # 1     Posted at August 12, 2016, 6:04 pm,     subject: Newbie How to use and Submit  
Registration date: August 11, 2016

Hello ... I recently was able to get my old Centrio system running again for web streaming, thanks to you.  When Penvex went down I relegated that system to my TV as a media stereo.  Now I can enjoy music gain ... however, I found that I can only access World Radio and some of the personal playlists that users post.  Are there no other streaming services available that I can search through?  And, if I request links added to the repository, how do they get activated?  There is no user manual, or instruction set, for the new service and I have to pick my way around the stereo and this forum.

Anyone able to provide some input?

Thanks loads.....

Posted by penbex Message # 2     Posted at August 15, 2016, 8:05 am,     subject: Newbie How to use and Submit  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

The database is maintained by the community.
This means that everyone can add new stations and (to avoid spam etc) users with appropriate rights can modify entries and approve the new stations.
As a result we have some very good and well maintained country lists and also have some countries that are less up-to-date. 
The alternative option is to add stations directly to your user list, these do not have to be approved and are available directly. 
But of course adding it to the main database is nicer in the long run. Others can benefit from your additions and you benefit from their additions.

~William