Home Live Radio Podcast Live TV Vodcast Forum Files Login Register :     Contact : 

Forum index Forum: ListenLive Firmware development Topic: Vistaquest itr-100 streaming formats Last replied to: October 24, 2015, 3:01 pm Back to post view
AuthorPostOptions
Posted by alg2468 Message # 1     Posted at September 23, 2015, 6:09 pm,     subject: Vistaquest itr-100 streaming formats  
Registration date: August 29, 2015

In the US  many radio stations have been broadcasting with the IHEART radio streaming format, which streams in ACC format, not MP3.  Does the Vistaquest radio support ACC format streaming for radio Iheart radio stations, or are these thousands of radio stations not listenable on this radio?  Is there a firmware download to allow the radio to receive the ACC streaming format available?

Thank you.

Posted by penbex Message # 2     Posted at September 27, 2015, 7:12 am,     subject: Vistaquest itr-100 streaming formats  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

The Vistaquest can play AAC streams.. no problem there..

Posted by alg2468 Message # 3     Posted at September 30, 2015, 3:01 am,     subject: Vistaquest itr-100 streaming formats  

Hello:

Thanks for your response. Indeed , the Vistaquest does play AAC streams, as I have tried receiving, for example, FOX News Radio's AAC stream and although a bit slow to start up, worked well.  It would be great if the radio could receive all of the Iheart radio stations in the US, as I get a message from these stations using the Tunein application (like WHJJ/WHJY, WKOX/WXKS) saying "Not supported" and "No compatible stream".  Hmmm...

Posted by penbex Message # 4     Posted at September 30, 2015, 5:48 am,     subject: Vistaquest itr-100 streaming formats  

these stations are known to have limitations for playing outside the area they are officially available in..
Best is to test on the tunein website. if it plays there, it should play on your radio as well.

Posted by alg2468 Message # 5     Posted at October 2, 2015, 3:59 am,     subject: Vistaquest itr-100 streaming formats  

Hello penbex:

I took your suggestion in your last post of trying out my local Iheart stations like WHJJ/WHJY/WTAG/WKOX/WXKS/WSRS in Tunein.  Once I signed into my tunein account, the stations did play on the internet on the site (even out of area iheart stations), but even while playing those stations on the internet, the Vistaquest radio, when on the Tunein app, still displayed the "Not Supported - No compatible stream" message and could not be played. Also some internet streams of radio shows on Tune In had the same message.

Good news is that many of the shows on these stations are broadcast on other stations on Tine in that can stream.

Posted by penbex Message # 6     Posted at October 2, 2015, 7:03 am,     subject: Vistaquest itr-100 streaming formats  

The radio connects directly to the TuneIn server for stream URL's and station lists.
Thats about all we can do. If TuneIn does not make a station available via those lists we cant play it

Posted by alg2468 Message # 7     Posted at October 3, 2015, 3:46 am,     subject: Vistaquest itr-100 streaming formats  

Hello:

I contacted TuneIn by email regarding issues receiving IHeart/Clear Channel owned radio stations on internet radios.  Here was their response:

Thank you for contacting us regarding this issue. Unfortunately, at their request, Clear Channel/iHeart Media products are restricted from our directory. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Michelle
TuneIn

This is why many internet radios cannot receive these stations.  The only internet radios that receive these stations are by Grace Digital.

Posted by crbar Message # 8     Posted at October 6, 2015, 4:31 pm,     subject: Vistaquest itr-100 streaming formats  
Registration date: June 5, 2015

Hello. I also have a VistaQuest ITR-100. How do i do to install the Tunein?

Posted by penbex Message # 9     Posted at October 6, 2015, 10:09 pm,     subject: Vistaquest itr-100 streaming formats  

TuneIn is available directly from the main menu in the listenlive firmware..

No additional installations are needed.

Posted by crbar Message # 10     Posted at October 9, 2015, 1:24 pm,     subject: Vistaquest itr-100 streaming formats  

Where can I find this listenlive firmware upgrade my Vista Quest ITR-100?
Thank you.

Posted by penbex Message # 11     Posted at October 9, 2015, 1:27 pm,     subject: Vistaquest itr-100 streaming formats  

In the download area..

Posted by crbar Message # 12     Posted at October 9, 2015, 9:46 pm,     subject: Vistaquest itr-100 streaming formats  

Quote:
In the download area..
Thank you for the answer. I searched the firmware in the download area but did not find the specific of VistaQuest. I am afraid to upgrade wrong firmware and lock the device. Someone could put the link to the right firmare? Thank you.

Posted by crbar Message # 13     Posted at October 24, 2015, 12:10 pm,     subject: Vistaquest itr-100 streaming formats  

The firmware for the Vista Quest ITR-100 have acess to Tunein is the day 02/24/2013? Thank you!

Posted by penbex Message # 14     Posted at October 24, 2015, 3:01 pm,     subject: Vistaquest itr-100 streaming formats  

All listenlive firmwares have TuneIn support