Home Live Radio Podcast Live TV Vodcast Forum Files Login Register :     Contact : 

Forum index Forum: Penbex Radio modified firmware forum Topic: Modified firmware no longer needed! Last replied to: August 7, 2016, 7:31 am Back to post view
AuthorPostOptions
Posted by penbex Message # 1     Posted at July 24, 2015, 9:41 am,     subject: Modified firmware no longer needed!  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

You should now be able to use the Penbex radios with our database in combination with the original firmware!

Posted by io2345 Message # 2     Posted at May 25, 2016, 11:41 am,     subject: Modified firmware no longer needed!  
Registration date: August 4, 2013

Quote:
You should now be able to use the Penbex radios with our database in combination with the original firmware!

What about Shoutcast - is that working again as well?
Then I should flash back the official firmware, right?

Posted by alg2468 Message # 3     Posted at August 7, 2016, 3:24 am,     subject: Modified firmware no longer needed!  
Registration date: August 29, 2015

Hi:

I'm confused. I have the Vistaquest radio and it is using the Listenlive firmware, which replaced the original firmware.  So does this affect these radios, too.

Posted by penbex Message # 4     Posted at August 7, 2016, 7:31 am,     subject: Modified firmware no longer needed!  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

No, on the front page you can see that the Vistaquest branded radios were manufactured by Chinese company SkyTC.
We have taken over the domain that once belonged to Taiwanese company Penbex who manufactured various other brands.
You can see the brand names linked to each of these companies on the front page.