Home Live Radio Podcast Live TV Vodcast Forum Files Login Register :     Contact : 

Forum index Forum: Penbex Radio modified firmware forum Topic: Need help with my DMTech IR500 Last replied to: January 27, 2016, 6:17 pm Back to post view
AuthorPostOptions
Posted by Fors Message # 1     Posted at March 21, 2015, 8:01 am,     subject: Need help with my DMTech IR500  
Registration date: March 14, 2015

Hi!

New to this forum, as I recently stumbled across it trying to help my father in-law with his DMTech IR500

He bought it a while back and it worked just great. But then all he got was "Service unavailable", trying to browse World Stations.

Did some google'ing and found this great forum, and learned I had to upgrade the firmware, so I did.

Upgraded the firmware to DC009-2.0.0.8, release build 11/02/11-1149, that I found here, and Bam! it started working again... I thougt...

Having some issues with most of the favourite channels I'm trying to access and need some help on how to solve this...

No problems browsing to World Stations - Europe - Finland and I list some 100 stations.

But when trying to acces most of them I get "Service unavailable" or as some error messages says "No more Date" and even on some channels it just says "Waiting" and the unit

stalls and I need to restart it.

Is this a firware issue, or it it the channels that are corrupt? There are stations working, so it's not all of them.. Just the ones I really want  

What puzzles me is that, as an example, the station work on http://www.listenlive.nl/show.php?id=27927&category=120&page=4 but when trying to listen to it on my DMTech, it doesn't..

(Buffering - No more data - Waiting - DMtech needs a restart)

Other channels I'm struggling with are:

http://www.listenlive.nl/show.php?id=27915&category=120&page=5

http://www.listenlive.nl/show.php?id=27916&category=120&page=5 

What do to? Please help

Posted by penbex Message # 2     Posted at March 22, 2015, 9:01 am,     subject: Need help with my DMTech IR500  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

I  have updated the first link to better match the poor capabilities of the DMTech.
Please check if that one now works. (give the change some time to propagate)

Posted by dxdx Message # 3     Posted at January 3, 2016, 10:43 am,     subject: Need help with my DMTech IR500  
Registration date: January 2, 2016

Quote:

But when trying to acces most of them I get "Service unavailable" or as some error messages says "No more Date" and even on some channels it just says "Waiting" and the unit

stalls and I need to restart it.

Is this a firware issue, or it it the channels that are corrupt? There are stations working, so it's not all of them.. Just the ones I really want  

What puzzles me is that, as an example, the station work on http://www.listenlive.nl/show.php?id=27927&category=120&page=4 but when trying to listen to it on my DMTech, it doesn't..

(Buffering - No more data - Waiting - DMtech needs a restart)

Hello, i have same problem with my Kingsun dc-009. I download kingsun 2.0.0.11 firmware(thank you penbex for that), radio works fine with mp3 urls,  but freeze as  above mentionet wma urls, and it must reboot.

Older firmware was 11/12/09-1847. So think at my radio is so old and not have enought powerfull hardware and that is the problem, not sofware?

Posted by penbex Message # 4     Posted at January 27, 2016, 6:17 pm,     subject: Need help with my DMTech IR500  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

We took over the original domain name.

So our server works with any original firmware version.

No need to upgrade to anything for that.

As for links not working, the problem is that the Penbex devices are getting a bit old and can not play each and every type of stream that is nowadays used.

To begin with, it can not play any AAC/AAC+ stream.. The hardware is too slow to do it in software and the hardware also does not directly have codec support for that.
So that is an issue.

We could probably make an option to exclude these problem streams on the radios.
Several stream types are already excluded. Unfortunately some stations advertise (within playlists/URL's) that they are a different stream type than what they in reality are..