Home Live Radio Podcast Live TV Vodcast Forum Files Login Register :     Contact : 

Forum index Forum: Penbex Radio modified firmware forum Topic: Possibility to access via telnet? Last replied to: January 31, 2017, 4:10 pm Back to post view
AuthorPostOptions
Posted by ocean Message # 1     Posted at June 9, 2014, 9:23 am,     subject: Possibility to access via telnet?  
Registration date: July 14, 2013

Hi guys,
is there a possibility to add telnet functionality to new update of penbex devices (expect odys for me)?

Have a nice day
ocean

Posted by lolomat87 Message # 2     Posted at January 24, 2017, 10:11 am,     subject: Possibility to access via telnet?  
Registration date: March 15, 2014

Hi, I'm sorry to dig up this old thread.
I'm really thankful to the developer, for providing us a free solution to use our WebRadios.
I have the Odys iRadio, which has some strange Problems connecting to my wireless Network.
I usually get it to work after trying to reset the device using the Wireless Wizard or entering everything manually.
I cant get to the bottom of this problem. I would be extremely helpful to access the device somehow remotely. Like telnet.
Is there any hardware limitation, why this would not work or is it simply to complicated?

I would be happy to "test" a new firmware with my device. But I'm not changing bootloaders This is my second Radio.

Posted by penbex Message # 3     Posted at January 30, 2017, 1:13 pm,     subject: Possibility to access via telnet?  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

Then connect via telnet.. with the ll firmware you can.

Posted by lolomat87 Message # 4     Posted at January 31, 2017, 7:56 am,     subject: Possibility to access via telnet?  

Hi, thanks for your reply!
I am currently using the latest firmware: Odys-2.0.0.23
But I am not able to access via telnet (putty & Windows Client) via Port 23.
But I have read a little further and I am not sure I can change network settings or control the device in the limited uclinux enviroment.

Posted by lolomat87 Message # 5     Posted at January 31, 2017, 11:04 am,     subject: Possibility to access via telnet?  

Thank you for your fast response.
I am using this firmware file: Odys-2.0.0.23
I am not able to connect to the device via telnet (putty & Windows client) on Port 23.
I tried scanning for any open ports but couldn't find anything. Perhaps there are some issues with my network.
Since I read somewhere (Your Blog oder linuxdoctors blog), that telnet commands are very limited on uclinux.
I am not sure if i can change network settings or debug them or control button push events.

Regards

Posted by penbex Message # 6     Posted at January 31, 2017, 4:10 pm,     subject: Possibility to access via telnet?  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

Sorry my bad.. The Penbex devices do not have Telnet.. 
also, the environment is pretty crappy so you wont gain much there anyway.