Home Live Radio Podcast Live TV Vodcast Forum Files Login Register :     Contact : 

Forum index Forum: Device: SkyTC - KMP510 (Envivo Otek Xenta Arnova) Topic: TuneIn - connection failed Last replied to: February 1, 2013, 10:40 am Back to post view
AuthorPostOptions
Posted by drdr Message # 1     Posted at January 28, 2013, 3:52 am,     subject: TuneIn - connection failed  
Registration date: January 22, 2013

I just starting trying your new firmware. It's really great and extensive!

For some reason, there are many radio stations in TuneIn in which the connection fails immidiately and it works just fine on my Squeezebox.

For example, all of the Israel Radio radio stations. The parallel radio stations fail in the listenlive DB -- I was using TuneIn, since I know they work.

Also, on my squeezebox under Israel Radio on TuneIn, it also shows "Shows", which have on demand audio. Is there any way of getting those?

Also, is there a way to add a URL in manually on the radio, or does it need to be done by adding a private radio station on the server?

I don't like being under control of a server... especially considering the distance and latency.

Is there a way of getting this forum to email me when a response is received?

Thanks again for your great work!

Posted by penbex Message # 2     Posted at January 28, 2013, 9:44 am,     subject: TuneIn - connection failed  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

Quote:

I just starting trying your new firmware. It's really great and extensive!

Thanks

Quote:

For some reason, there are many radio stations in TuneIn in which the connection fails immidiately and it works just fine on my Squeezebox.

For example, all of the Israel Radio radio stations. The parallel radio stations fail in the listenlive DB -- I was using TuneIn, since I know they work.

Also, on my squeezebox under Israel Radio on TuneIn, it also shows "Shows", which have on demand audio. Is there any way of getting those?

Some play for me, others indeed fail. 
Simply caused by a bug. Will correct it asap.

Quote:

Also, is there a way to add a URL in manually on the radio, or does it need to be done by adding a private radio station on the server?

You can not add URL's manually and directly on the radio. You can add private stations (you should use that mainly for local streams like to a home server)
You can also add public stations. Of course when a station is already in the list but does not work you can also fix the station yourself (you can modify stations, I changed your settings)

Quote:

I don't like being under control of a server... especially considering the distance and latency.

The full lists would not fit onto the device. Also they would outdate pretty quickly.
So the server is the best way to do things. Furthermore, you have the ability to make changes to stations on my server.
With the original firmware you are limited to using the Chinese server which hardly gets updates and you can not add/fix/suggest anything there.
Also, the Internet Radio/TV/Podcast/Vodcast apps are linked to my server. TuneIn, Rad.io, Live365 etc. are direct connections to 3rd party databases.
Same for weather, news feeds etc. all use directl links.
Furthermore, the downloaded lists are also cached on your device. So if a server can not be reached the cached list is used.
So a lot was done to make sure the device works even if one or more servers are not there.

As for "being under control" I like to see at least my server as a community project.
So keeping stations up to date is a group effort. (we do get information from stations directly as well)
I do not go around being a policeman telling people not to do this or that.. (with the exception of keeping spammers from the forum.)
I only want to get the most out of our devices. Thats why I made the firmware in the first place. 

Quote:

Is there a way of getting this forum to email me when a response is received?

Not yet, but I can make something for that..
We are not using some standard forum software.
Everything is cooked up here and suggestions are welcome.
I try to add as much things as possible within the limited time I have.

~William

Posted by drdr Message # 3     Posted at January 30, 2013, 3:06 am,     subject: TuneIn - connection failed  

Thanks for the reply!

Regarding Tune-in, I was expecting to be able to add favorites from there, is that not supposed to work? If not, is there a way of getting to my TuneIn account favorites?

Posted by penbex Message # 4     Posted at January 30, 2013, 7:24 am,     subject: TuneIn - connection failed  

keep an eye on the "Firmware 1.47 feedback and bugfix progress report" thread..
TuneIn member account login is added and will be available in the next release.

Posted by drdr Message # 5     Posted at January 30, 2013, 5:10 pm,     subject: TuneIn - connection failed  

Quote:
keep an eye on the "Firmware 1.47 feedback and bugfix progress report" thread..
TuneIn member account login is added and will be available in the next release.

Great, thanks!

Posted by pkozul Message # 6     Posted at February 1, 2013, 4:06 am,     subject: TuneIn - connection failed  
Registration date: January 29, 2013

Hi William,

Hats off to you on a great job! Just installed your firmware on my new Otek.

Would it be possible for the device to 'remember' the last station that was being played (i.e. TuneIn radio stream), so that what it gets powered down, and then powered up again, it will resume playing the last stream it can 'remember'? (Please excuse me if this is already implemented...)

Thanks!
Petar

Posted by penbex Message # 7     Posted at February 1, 2013, 10:13 am,     subject: TuneIn - connection failed  

Quote:
Would it be possible for the device to 'remember' the last station that was being played (i.e. TuneIn radio stream), so that what it gets powered down, and then powered up again, it will resume playing the last stream it can 'remember'? (Please excuse me if this is already implemented...)

Under MyFavorites there is an option to play the "last played music link" (which could be an mp3 or a stream etc.)
Currently this works for MP3's and streams that come from this server.

I just added support for other services as well.. (TuneIn, Rad.io, Live365, Tuner and 101.ru)
Will be available in the next release.. So is using a TuneIn member account..

~W.

Posted by pkozul Message # 8     Posted at February 1, 2013, 10:19 am,     subject: TuneIn - connection failed  
Registration date: January 29, 2013

Brilliant! Any rough release date for the next version?

Posted by penbex Message # 9     Posted at February 1, 2013, 10:40 am,     subject: TuneIn - connection failed  

Not yet, sorting out a problem with UPnP that some users appear to have.
This is a critical one as it would hang the device.
The release will be shortly after this is solved..