Home Live Radio Podcast Live TV Vodcast Forum Files Login Register :     Contact : 

Forum index Forum: Device: SkyTC - KMP510 (Envivo Otek Xenta Arnova) Topic: Disgo GOTV problem on upgrade. Last replied to: February 3, 2013, 7:33 pm Back to post view
AuthorPostOptions
Posted by masterice Message # 1     Posted at December 2, 2012, 12:26 am,     subject: Disgo GOTV problem on upgrade.  
Registration date: December 1, 2012

I have a couple of the GOTV units which i decided to upgrade to the listenlive firmware.
The firstone worked like a charm and is how it should be.
The second one however now appears bricked!
The listenlive loader installed perfectly (I think) however on trying the regular firmware update option (from SD to the device) I get the message that the "llfirmware.upd" file cannot be found on the SD card even though it is definitely there.
I have tried redownloading and unzipping (just in case) but the problem is still there - apparently no file.
On the loader screen there is an option for system recovery (which isn't accessible) and also the option to install the recovery mode to the device using 'recmode.img' from the SD. That it says is in the forum files. However I cannot find it.
Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Dale

Posted by penbex Message # 2     Posted at December 2, 2012, 12:56 am,     subject: Disgo GOTV problem on upgrade.  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

Do you boot the device with the sd inserted or do you put it in when you see the loader screen?

Posted by masterice Message # 3     Posted at December 2, 2012, 1:43 pm,     subject: Disgo GOTV problem on upgrade.  

Hi there.
I have tried it both ways and get the same message each time.

Posted by masterice Message # 4     Posted at December 2, 2012, 1:55 pm,     subject: Disgo GOTV problem on upgrade.  

My apologies. I posted incorrectly before.
If I boot with the SD card in the receiver it never gets past the front screen.
I have to boot with the SD card out and then put it in.
I also forgot to say that the pressing the mute button in the loader 2.0 screen doesn't give me the text "log on" in the lower corner.
Also when trying the firmware update from SD the 'llfirmware-update.bin' or 'firmware-updatebin' are mentioned on the flash screen but the file it says it can't find is 'llfirmware.upd'. Do I assume that this refers to the binary file 'llfirmware-update'?
Thanks

Posted by penbex Message # 5     Posted at December 3, 2012, 10:34 am,     subject: Disgo GOTV problem on upgrade.  

Quote:
If I boot with the SD card in the receiver it never gets past the front screen.
I have to boot with the SD card out and then put it in.
I also forgot to say that the pressing the mute button in the loader 2.0 screen doesn't give me the text "log on" in the lower corner.

What is the front screen, do you mean the logo?

Quote:

Thats normal. The standard loaded that you donwload does not have this option yet.
Only if you have 1.44 or newer and then upgrade it has this option.

Quote:
Also when trying the firmware update from SD the 'llfirmware-update.bin' or 'firmware-updatebin' are mentioned on the flash screen but the file it says it can't find is 'llfirmware.upd'. Do I assume that this refers to the binary file 'llfirmware-update'?
Thanks
We will try something else to get this solved. Will contact you via email.

Posted by masterice Message # 6     Posted at December 3, 2012, 1:53 pm,     subject: Disgo GOTV problem on upgrade.  

What I meant by the front screen is the screen that the TVGO shows on power one which is a series of various size circular icons containing small images relating to radio, internet, podcast, etc which the cursor flashes round.
With the SD card absent the cursor goes onto the internet radio icon and then changes to the ListenLive Loader screen.
With the SD card in place at power on the cursor eventually stops on Internet radio icon and stays there until you power down.

Thanks for your time.

Posted by geemoir Message # 7     Posted at February 3, 2013, 1:08 pm,     subject: Disgo GOTV problem on upgrade.  
Registration date: February 3, 2013

hello i have this same problem, any idea how to fix it? thanks

Posted by penbex Message # 8     Posted at February 3, 2013, 1:24 pm,     subject: Disgo GOTV problem on upgrade.  

Like what? describe what you have.. thats important to tell you how to fix it.
If you have the loader screen and with the sd inserted it does give a black screen, remove the file fs_fwfail fro mthe sd card

Posted by geemoir Message # 9     Posted at February 3, 2013, 3:38 pm,     subject: Disgo GOTV problem on upgrade.  

hi, I installed loader v2. I put firmware v1.47 on an sd card. I turn on the device the cursor flashes over the menu options, stops on radio. 
I get the listenlive menu open up, I select option 1 regular firmware update, it says llfirmward.upd not found on sd card. It then turns of and goes back through it again back to listenlive loader. It cannot see llfirmward.upd, but it is there

Posted by penbex Message # 10     Posted at February 3, 2013, 4:29 pm,     subject: Disgo GOTV problem on upgrade.  

Remove fs_fwfail form the sd.. 
Try booting without the sd and try booting with the sd inserted..
Use an sd card with max 2 gb and format as fat32

Posted by geemoir Message # 11     Posted at February 3, 2013, 6:28 pm,     subject: Disgo GOTV problem on upgrade.  

hello, ive tried what you recommended but its still the same. the file name you say to remove i cannot see?

Posted by penbex Message # 12     Posted at February 3, 2013, 6:42 pm,     subject: Disgo GOTV problem on upgrade.  

If you downloaded LLFirm_V1.47_All_models.zip, unzipped it and put the contents on a SD card..
you should have the following files on your SD card:

changelog.txt
readme.txt
readme_ru.txt
llfirmware.upd.md5
llfirmware.upd
Donate
fs_fwrec             <== file to remove when there are problems..  

Did you unzip the downloaded file?

Posted by geemoir Message # 13     Posted at February 3, 2013, 7:01 pm,     subject: Disgo GOTV problem on upgrade.  

yes, unzipped and removed that file but its still exactly the same 

Posted by penbex Message # 14     Posted at February 3, 2013, 7:33 pm,     subject: Disgo GOTV problem on upgrade.  

Contact me via mail (voyager2003@zonnet.nl)