Home Live Radio Podcast Live TV Vodcast Forum Files Login Register :     Contact : 
 
Forum index Forum: Device: SkyTC - KMP510 (Envivo Otek Xenta Arnova) Topic: FM Radio function Last replied to: November 7, 2012, 12:02 pm Back to post view
AuthorPostOptions
Posted by ChristopherW Message # 1     Posted at October 4, 2012, 3:31 pm,     subject: FM Radio function  
Messages: 11 posts
Registration date: April 20, 2012
Status: Offline

I'm not having any success with the FM radio function on my device.

I can start the app.  I can switch it between preset and tuning mode.  In preset mode, I can use the left and right arrow keys to select preset buttons.  But in tuning mode, the left and right arrow keys give me no visual feedback at all, and little if any audible change of effect.  The green digital display in the middle of the screen stays stolidly on 0.00MHz, and the analog tuning display at the bottom of the screen stays equally stolidly on its left end-stop, 87.5MHz.  Neither do these change if, back in preset mode, I select any of the preset buttons.

What kind of antenna cable should I be using?  I stuck in a random short length of stereo audio cable, but of course its stereo 3.5mm plug will be shorting together two of the contacts in the 4-connector socket, while the screened audio cable is probably not doing great things for the VHF reception.  Could that be why it's not working?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help.

            Christopher W.
 
Posted by penbex Message # 2     Posted at October 4, 2012, 7:11 pm,     subject: FM Radio function  
Messages: 2246 posts
Registration date: May 21, 2009
Status: Offline

Quote:
I'm not having any success with the FM radio function on my device.

I can start the app.  I can switch it between preset and tuning mode.  In preset mode, I can use the left and right arrow keys to select preset buttons.  But in tuning mode, the left and right arrow keys give me no visual feedback at all, and little if any audible change of effect.  The green digital display in the middle of the screen stays stolidly on 0.00MHz, and the analog tuning display at the bottom of the screen stays equally stolidly on its left end-stop, 87.5MHz.  Neither do these change if, back in preset mode, I select any of the preset buttons.

Go to settings, FM Radio settings and make sure the freq. band is NOT set to japan.
That should help.

Quote:

What kind of antenna cable should I be using?  I stuck in a random short length of stereo audio cable, but of course its stereo 3.5mm plug will be shorting together two of the contacts in the 4-connector socket, while the screened audio cable is probably not doing great things for the VHF reception.  Could that be why it's not working?

With the device comes a cable that has a 3.5 mm stereo jack plug that has a single wire connected..
Wirth another version of the device comes a standard stereo cable that has the plug cut off on one end.

 
Posted by ChristopherW Message # 3     Posted at October 5, 2012, 4:10 am,     subject: FM Radio function  
Messages: 11 posts
Registration date: April 20, 2012
Status: Offline

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not having any success with the FM radio function on my device.

I can start the app.  I can switch it between preset and tuning mode.  In preset mode, I can use the left and right arrow keys to select preset buttons.  But in tuning mode, the left and right arrow keys give me no visual feedback at all, and little if any audible change of effect.  The green digital display in the middle of the screen stays stolidly on 0.00MHz, and the analog tuning display at the bottom of the screen stays equally stolidly on its left end-stop, 87.5MHz.  Neither do these change if, back in preset mode, I select any of the preset buttons.

Go to settings, FM Radio settings and make sure the freq. band is NOT set to japan.
That should help.


Thank you.  I had already checked that, and it wasn't set for Japan.  I haven't, though, tried switching it to Japan and then back again.  I'll try that now.

Quote:
Quote:

What kind of antenna cable should I be using?  I stuck in a random short length of stereo audio cable, but of course its stereo 3.5mm plug will be shorting together two of the contacts in the 4-connector socket, while the screened audio cable is probably not doing great things for the VHF reception.  Could that be why it's not working?

With the device comes a cable that has a 3.5 mm stereo jack plug that has a single wire connected.. 
Wirth another version of the device comes a standard stereo cable that has the plug cut off on one end.


OK, thank you.  My device came only with one three-core (stereo + composite video) signal cable.  I'll get out the soldering iron and fabricate something. You don't happen to know to which pin of the plug the single wire is connected?

            Christopher W.
 
Posted by rst001 Message # 4     Posted at October 5, 2012, 11:00 am,     subject: FM Radio function  
Messages: 36 posts
Registration date: August 10, 2011
Status: Offline

for my Pearl works every earphone with 3,5mm jack so i think its GND

the Antenna cable which is shipping in original packet has an 3-connecting jack as evry earphone for mp3 players

 
Posted by penbex Message # 5     Posted at October 5, 2012, 11:15 am,     subject: FM Radio function  
Messages: 2246 posts
Registration date: May 21, 2009
Status: Offline

Checked with a multimeter and indeed only ground is used for the antenna
 
Posted by RadioLover Message # 6     Posted at October 11, 2012, 11:03 am,     subject: FM Radio function  
Messages: 7 posts
Registration date: October 5, 2012
Status: Offline

So Christopher, you might give it a try with the video cable you allready own!

Lots of success!

Greetings René

 
Posted by komornikzmc Message # 7     Posted at October 16, 2012, 7:08 am,     subject: FM Radio function  
Messages: 2 posts
Registration date: October 13, 2012
Status: Offline

Hello, I have a device WIWA 208th eRTV I would like to add these channels to my TV. Can you help me? Because, as he adds them to my device does not play;/


mms://stream.livetv.chello.pl/TVN24
mms://stream.livetv.chello.pl/ANIMAL
mms://stream.livetv.chello.pl/CNN
mms://stream.livetv.chello.pl/DISCOVERY
mms://stream.livetv.chello.pl/FASHIONTV
mms://stream.livetv.chello.pl/NATGEO
mms://stream.livetv.chello.pl/minimini

 
Posted by penbex Message # 8     Posted at October 16, 2012, 7:56 am,     subject: FM Radio function  
Messages: 2246 posts
Registration date: May 21, 2009
Status: Offline

Quote:

Hello, I have a device WIWA 208th eRTV I would like to add these channels to my TV. Can you help me? Because, as he adds them to my device does not play;/


mms://stream.livetv.chello.pl/TVN24
mms://stream.livetv.chello.pl/ANIMAL
mms://stream.livetv.chello.pl/CNN
mms://stream.livetv.chello.pl/DISCOVERY
mms://stream.livetv.chello.pl/FASHIONTV
mms://stream.livetv.chello.pl/NATGEO
mms://stream.livetv.chello.pl/minimini

It looks like these are live tv streams that only work when you are directly connected to the Polish UPC (Chello) cable network.
This means that people who are not using a Polish UPC cable connection can not use these streams and also not test if they are working.
However, if you are connected to the UPC cable, you should be able to use them. (Of course if there is no problem at UPC's end)
If you add them to the database, make sure to add a text stating they only work for Polish UPC cable subscribers.

We have similar UPC live streams in the Netherlands that work only when you are connected to the Dutch UPC cable.
I am sure other UPC countries have the same kind of feeds.

~William

 
Posted by ChristopherW Message # 9     Posted at November 7, 2012, 10:57 am,     subject: FM Radio function  
Messages: 11 posts
Registration date: April 20, 2012
Status: Offline

Now I've upgraded to the 1.44 firmware, my attempts to select the FM radio function are greeted with "No FM device present".  I guess that probably explains why it wasn't working before either!

            Christopher.

Quote:

So Christopher, you might give it a try with the video cable you already own!

Lots of success!

Greetings René

 
Posted by penbex Message # 10     Posted at November 7, 2012, 12:02 pm,     subject: FM Radio function  
Messages: 2246 posts
Registration date: May 21, 2009
Status: Offline

Correct, 1.44 checks if the hardware is present or not.