Home Live Radio Podcast Live TV Vodcast Forum Files Login Register :     Contact : 

Forum index Forum: Device: SkyTC - KMP510 (Envivo Otek Xenta Arnova) Topic: Issues with Samba Access Last replied to: October 3, 2012, 7:10 am Back to post view
AuthorPostOptions
Posted by 6J6A Message # 1     Posted at July 11, 2012, 1:00 pm,     subject: Issues with Samba Access  
Registration date: June 24, 2012

Hi Penbex,

Have the Otek 510 with LL v1.42 installed. Can't seem to access my samba shares properly.

The samba server comes up when you go to media player/samba cifs, but when clicked on, an empty list appears and no shares are shown. Not given any opportunity to enter a username or password. Changing the authentication to none on the server end makes no difference. Share name is 'music' (no hyphens etc). Samba server is part of a WLX652 running SnakeOS if that is of any use.

Am I missing something? And have searched the forums and can't seem to find a resolution or docs.

Regards,
6J6A.

Posted by penbex Message # 2     Posted at July 11, 2012, 3:18 pm,     subject: Issues with Samba Access  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

I will check and get back to you..

Posted by 6J6A Message # 3     Posted at July 12, 2012, 1:18 pm,     subject: Issues with Samba Access  

Cheers, thanks.

Posted by Nanashikun Message # 4     Posted at September 29, 2012, 2:24 pm,     subject: Issues with Samba Access  
Registration date: September 25, 2012

Hi, similar problem for me. After finally getting my wifi to work I now am trying to access my fileserver (Win2008 R2 on ESXi). After scanning for about 1 minute it finds it and I can enter my credentials. After that I get the list of shared folders but when chosing on it appears empty. Dunno what to do about that...upnp doesn't work either. I have a twonky Server running which I use with my AVR but the listenlive FW doesn't see it. Maybe there'll be a fix for this in the future Thanks Nana

Posted by 6J6A Message # 5     Posted at October 1, 2012, 2:27 pm,     subject: Issues with Samba Access  

I've now tried to connect to samba shares on a brand new D-LINK nas and I can see my shares but every share is empty. At no stage am I getting any prompt for credentials. I upgraded my other nas as mentioned in the original post with Samba 3 and no change.

I notice that in the latest firmware 1.44 you are supposed to be able to manually set share locations and credentials, hoping that might fix it. Seems like a discovery issue to me.

Will flash the new firmware and report back soon.

Cheers,
6J6A.

Posted by abm2 Message # 6     Posted at October 3, 2012, 6:44 am,     subject: Issues with Samba Access  
Registration date: June 8, 2011

Got the same issues with Samba access as above two messages - empty shares content after providing credentials and choosing proper share.

In the same time on my home server UPnP HMS  (http://www.homemediaserver.ru/index.htm) is running which is accessed by my Xoro device (running listenlive v1.44) (though also with some troubles like impossibility to stop a stream in 80% of cases).

regards
Alex

(Last Edited by abm2 on October 3, 2012, 6:45 am)
(Last Edited by abm2 on October 3, 2012, 6:46 am)

Posted by penbex Message # 7     Posted at October 3, 2012, 6:49 am,     subject: Issues with Samba Access  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

Is this home server a windows machine? (windows 7?)
It seems there are some issues with accessing Windows PCs/Servers.

Posted by abm2 Message # 8     Posted at October 3, 2012, 7:10 am,     subject: Issues with Samba Access  
Registration date: June 8, 2011

Quote:

Is this home server a windows machine? (windows 7?)
It seems there are some issues with accessing Windows PCs/Servers.

Yes, it is Windows Home Server 2011 (WHS 2011) which is basically nothing else but Windows Server 2008 R2 limited to 10 users
(Last Edited by abm2 on October 3, 2012, 7:11 am)