Home Live Radio Podcast Live TV Vodcast Forum Files Login Register :     Contact : 

Forum index Forum: Device: SkyTC - KMP510 (Envivo Otek Xenta Arnova) Topic: ARNOVA WEB RADIO&TV BLOCKED Last replied to: May 25, 2012, 3:00 pm Back to post view
AuthorPostOptions
Posted by MANOLO Message # 1     Posted at May 25, 2012, 9:58 am,     subject: ARNOVA WEB RADIO&TV BLOCKED  
Registration date: May 25, 2012

My ARNOVA web radio & TV is blocked. When I light it on, it starts displaying "ARNOVA" in the screen, it blinks a second, and after that it remains blocked displaying "ARNOVA" permanently in the screen, with no further action.

I kindly request help to unblock the device.

Thank you in advance.

MANOLO

(Removed your mail address to prevent that you get spam)
(Last Edited by penbex on May 25, 2012, 3:41 pm)

Posted by penbex Message # 2     Posted at May 25, 2012, 10:53 am,     subject: ARNOVA WEB RADIO&TV BLOCKED  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

Hello Manolo,

Your arnova is bricked by the "killerbug".
A piece of code in the original firmware that kills devices randomly.

The only way to fix it is by opening it and reflashing the chips.
This is not an easy task with the Arnova because it is nearly impossible to open and close it without visible traces.

~William

Posted by MANOLO Message # 3     Posted at May 25, 2012, 12:13 pm,     subject: ARNOVA WEB RADIO&TV BLOCKED  

William, I appreciate your reply very much.

The device is supposed to be covered by the warranty (it was purchased 10 months ago). Do you think they can fix it in the shop where I bought it?

Could you tell me the procedure to fix it to do it myself?

Thank you very much for your support.

Best regards,

Manolo.

Posted by penbex Message # 4     Posted at May 25, 2012, 2:28 pm,     subject: ARNOVA WEB RADIO&TV BLOCKED  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

Quote:

Do you think they can fix it in the shop where I bought it?

Could you tell me the procedure to fix it to do it myself?

I do not think any of the shops have the means to repair them.
Under warranty you normally get an exchange.

To do it yourself you need extra hardware to connect your PC to the mainboard of the Arnova.
You will also need recovery images. These images are not really available.
Whenever I need to fix a device I create images on the fly. (but at the moment am covered with work, not much time to play)

I am working on recovery images for all models which can be loaded from an SD card. 
To load them you need a recovery method which can only be activated on working devices... 
When it is dead it is too late already for this method. 

Posted by MANOLO Message # 5     Posted at May 25, 2012, 3:00 pm,     subject: ARNOVA WEB RADIO&TV BLOCKED  

Thank you anyway.