Home Live Radio Podcast Live TV Vodcast Forum Files Login Register :     Contact : 

Forum index Forum: Penbex Radio modified firmware forum Topic: Cobra CIR 2000 A Penbex Radio Last replied to: July 25, 2015, 8:39 am Back to post view
AuthorPostOptions
Posted by Harari49 Message # 1     Posted at May 3, 2012, 2:38 pm,     subject: Cobra CIR 2000 A Penbex Radio  
Registration date: May 3, 2012

I bought this radio last October. On the first time that I connected it to the Internet I was asked to upgrade the firmware which I did.

As my internet radio service I can use only WorldStation and Shoutcast. I am limited to the available stations and I can not add any channel because WorldStation is not responding.

How can I connect my unit to Listenlive? Do I have to modify my firmware and if I do, How?

Posted by penbex Message # 2     Posted at May 3, 2012, 3:17 pm,     subject: Cobra CIR 2000 A Penbex Radio  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

You need, like all other users of Penbex hardware, a modified firmware to use our database.
I am working on this for all firmwares and models I know from Penbex.
The aim is to have solutions for all models soon.

I am also trying to get the Penbex founder to help out.
With his help it should be possible to use the official firmware with our database.
This would be the best solution but if not then the modified firmwares are just as fine.

~William

Posted by Harari49 Message # 3     Posted at May 3, 2012, 7:09 pm,     subject: Cobra CIR 2000 A Penbex Radio  

Thank you very much for the efforts. I'll wait until it's ready

Igal

(Last Edited by Harari49 on May 3, 2012, 8:10 pm)

Posted by 999dbg999 Message # 4     Posted at October 4, 2012, 8:39 pm,     subject: Cobra CIR 2000 A Penbex Radio  
Registration date: October 4, 2012

Do you have some news for us ?

Posted by penbex Message # 5     Posted at October 4, 2012, 8:57 pm,     subject: Cobra CIR 2000 A Penbex Radio  

Automated some of the things that needed to be done.
Hoepfully there will be working images soon.

Posted by Harari49 Message # 6     Posted at March 29, 2013, 8:48 pm,     subject: Cobra CIR 2000 A Penbex Radio  

Hello William

Any news about the image for Cobra CIR 2000? Does any of the new released images can fit it?

Thanks

Igal

Posted by MarkCrane Message # 7     Posted at May 26, 2013, 7:05 pm,     subject: Cobra CIR 2000 A Penbex Radio  
Registration date: January 9, 2013

Hi All,

Is there any update on working firmware for the Cobra 2000E?

I see that in an earlier post, William said that getting Penbex to help would be very useful.

Does anyone know who/how we could do this?

I did not get any technical help from Cobra, but is there someone, somewhere who would own up to being connected to Penbex?

It does seem a real waste of quite a good machine, for the firmware to be unusable.

Regards,

Mark.

Posted by Harari49 Message # 8     Posted at October 21, 2013, 8:39 pm,     subject: Cobra CIR 2000 A Penbex Radio  

Hello William

Any news about the modified firmeware that supports the Cobra CIR 2000?

Thanks

Igal

Posted by mihat Message # 9     Posted at May 12, 2014, 9:56 am,     subject: Cobra CIR 2000 A Penbex Radio  
Registration date: May 12, 2014

Hi, I downloaded and installed latest firmware for my Cobra CIR2000 radio (MC609_COBRA_EU-2.0.0.23.upg) and since this upgrade I can't access USA and Canada Radio stations. 
If I select World Station / North America /USA I can see the countries, but when I select etc. California, there is msg. Service Not Available
I used to listen some stations in the past from this area.
Can you help?
regards, Miha

Posted by penbex Message # 10     Posted at May 12, 2014, 1:43 pm,     subject: Cobra CIR 2000 A Penbex Radio  

Will be fixed asap.

Update: should be fixed now, might take a bit of time due to caching to be available.

(Last Edited by penbex on May 12, 2014, 1:49 pm)

Posted by cavu2012 Message # 11     Posted at May 29, 2014, 3:07 pm,     subject: Cobra CIR 2000 A Penbex Radio  
Registration date: May 28, 2014

Hi all.

Thanks for your efforts to make the Radio working.

Is the anyway to add the station address direct?

Posted by penbex Message # 12     Posted at June 2, 2014, 3:32 pm,     subject: Cobra CIR 2000 A Penbex Radio  

You can add "private" stations on this site.. which makes them available directly..

Posted by joev11 Message # 13     Posted at June 12, 2014, 3:39 pm,     subject: Cobra CIR 2000 A Penbex Radio  
Registration date: June 12, 2014

Quote:

Will be fixed asap.

Update: should be fixed now, might take a bit of time due to caching to be available.

(Last Edited by penbex on May 12, 2014, 1:49 pm)

Just downloaded and installed firmware update for my CIR 2000 A and while there is a great improvement (before I had no internet radio access, just a "service unavailable" message, I can "see" the stations now but almost all of them are showing as "service unavailable". 

Does it take time for the stations to become available or was there perhaps an error in the upgrade install?

Posted by penbex Message # 14     Posted at June 13, 2014, 2:56 pm,     subject: Cobra CIR 2000 A Penbex Radio  

Hi, some country lists are less up-to-date than others.
What country are you looking at so i can make sure things are refreshed a bit.

Posted by joev11 Message # 15     Posted at June 14, 2014, 5:35 pm,     subject: Cobra CIR 2000 A Penbex Radio  
Registration date: June 12, 2014

Quote:
Hi, some country lists are less up-to-date than others.
What country are you looking at so i can make sure things are refreshed a bit.

I am in America (USA) I am particularly interested in Stations in Texas called Radio Bop

Thanks

Posted by Harari49 Message # 16     Posted at July 24, 2015, 7:05 pm,     subject: Cobra CIR 2000 A Penbex Radio  

Hello William,

I just installed the new Cobra firmware that you released and unfortunately my radio died. When the upgrade was finished, the radio started on, synchronized the time and turned off. In between, it makes a strange noise as if something vibrates inside the radio. When I turn the unit off with the on off switch,  and then on again, it repeats the same pattern, searches for network syncs the time and stops with the same noise in the background. I disconnected the dongle and manually exited from the search for the network and it stopped after that. I could not find any way to get to the setup in order to reset the setting to defaults and I don't know how can I go back to my previous firmware. Any ideas about what should I do?

Sincerely,

Igal

Posted by penbex Message # 17     Posted at July 24, 2015, 8:14 pm,     subject: Cobra CIR 2000 A Penbex Radio  

there is a recovery option.. it is explained on the forum

Posted by Harari49 Message # 18     Posted at July 24, 2015, 11:04 pm,     subject: Cobra CIR 2000 A Penbex Radio  

Are you referring to the process that uses the PC? If not, can you send me a link to it? What firmware should I load in the recovery process? I was not able to find the original Cobra firmware that was installed in my radio. The only firmware that I found is the one that I installed and that does not working

I was waiting for such a long time to do it and when I did it yesterday and ran into this problem I sow your new post that there is no need to do it any more.

I hope to be able to recover.

Posted by penbex Message # 19     Posted at July 25, 2015, 7:12 am,     subject: Cobra CIR 2000 A Penbex Radio  

If you can not use the regular firmware update function to load a new firmware, the alternative method is to use a USB A-A cable.
In that case the radio is hooked to a PC and detected by the PC as a flash drive. You can then copy the firmware to that drive..
step by step instructions are listed on the forum.

Posted by Harari49 Message # 20     Posted at July 25, 2015, 7:38 am,     subject: Cobra CIR 2000 A Penbex Radio  

The question is where can I find the original firmware that I had before the upgrade attempt Since the upgraded firmware does not work

Posted by penbex Message # 21     Posted at July 25, 2015, 8:39 am,     subject: Cobra CIR 2000 A Penbex Radio  

I have:

MC609 Cobra firmware in 2 flavors.
EU and US version..

I will put some Original fimrwares online when I have some time and are near the server