Home Live Radio Podcast Live TV Vodcast Forum Files Login Register :     Contact : 

Forum index Forum: Device: SkyTC - KMP510 (Envivo Otek Xenta Arnova) Topic: caching memory to small? Last replied to: April 27, 2012, 9:21 am Back to post view
AuthorPostOptions
Posted by rst001 Message # 1     Posted at April 20, 2012, 3:57 pm,     subject: caching memory to small?  
Registration date: August 10, 2011

Hi, sometimes  i have some cut´s in radio webstream. When i push exit on remote and go again the same station the cut´s will  be back after few minutes.  I have probe on pc same radiostation and never here any cut in stream. Can i have temporary some more caching memory so i can figure out an problem by wlan connection or my router and so on? My device is an Pearl Auvisio KMP510V1.2

Posted by penbex Message # 2     Posted at April 20, 2012, 9:24 pm,     subject: caching memory to small?  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

I have experienced something like that occasionally. I am already investigating it.
It is possible that some background task is causing it... It is on my list of things to do.

Posted by rst001 Message # 3     Posted at April 21, 2012, 4:04 pm,     subject: caching memory to small?  

I am thinking its not background task. I see last time often the one or other radio station is pushing her "Quality", means streaming must be better 96k and only sampling it with 44,1k and so on.

Posted by Matchless Message # 4     Posted at April 21, 2012, 6:14 pm,     subject: caching memory to small?  
Registration date: December 16, 2011

Isn't possible to replace the memory chips with more memory?

Posted by penbex Message # 5     Posted at April 21, 2012, 6:46 pm,     subject: caching memory to small?  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

In theory: Yes. In reality, not really.. you will need good equipment to desolder the old sdram and solder something that is compatible.

Posted by rst001 Message # 6     Posted at April 21, 2012, 7:04 pm,     subject: caching memory to small?  

Its a nice idea but soldering in this dimensions are not my thing. The memory we talk about is an address range inside the chip which hangs between two software pointers.

Posted by Matchless Message # 7     Posted at April 23, 2012, 3:56 pm,     subject: caching memory to small?  
Registration date: December 16, 2011

Quote:

In theory: Yes. In reality, not really.. you will need good equipment to desolder the old sdram and solder something that is compatible.

That's no problem for me.

In fact, everybody with a steady hand  and loupe can do it. And of course you need to be very patience and work with precision.

All you need is a laptop memory bank, loupe, a 30 watt (or less power) soldering iron ,scalpel and a piece of wire.

When you wrap the thin piece of wire around the solering iron you can use the end of that wire as a very small irontip.

Before I bought a proff. SMD iron I did it this way. That way I increased the memory size from some routers. 

A laptop memory bank is needed (or a new chip, but that is hard to get) because of the specs. A "normal" sdram bank used in desktops are only 8 bit wide and laptop chips are 16 bit wide.

Also the flash chips should be possible but than you need to know the JTAG pionts. And the jtag software of course wich can program the flash chip.

hmm..Sounds like a challenge  

(Last Edited by Matchless on April 23, 2012, 4:59 pm)

Posted by rst001 Message # 8     Posted at April 27, 2012, 9:21 am,     subject: caching memory to small?  

Hi William, i am looking some time with PuTTY on my device for the time delaying when playing an web stream. Top says 95% idle, cpu load 2% max, user is the same load, nice have 0%. So i mean its better to have an bigger cache to reduce the lag when the streaming server becomes load balancing problems under heavy load.