Home Live Radio Podcast Live TV Vodcast Forum Files Login Register :     Contact : 

Forum index Forum: Device: SkyTC - KMP510 (Envivo Otek Xenta Arnova) Topic: WEP authentication Envivo PO-1171 Last replied to: April 16, 2012, 9:12 am Back to post view
AuthorPostOptions
Posted by rowjohnnyrow Message # 1     Posted at April 14, 2012, 2:13 pm,     subject: WEP authentication Envivo PO-1171  
Registration date: March 3, 2012

Hi,

After changing my router to a Cisco Linksys E3200 I can nolonger get my Envivo 1171 (Aldi) to connect
I've got my wireless setup as dual band, 5 Ghz, mixed, with WPA2 Personal for the newer devices and 
2.4 Ghz, mixed, WEP (40 / 64bit) for the older devices including the Envivo.
I have a WEP only access point for my TV so I have to stick with WEP encryption.

I can get everything to connect to the 2.4 Ghz WEP band *except* the Envivo.
It sees the SSID, with WEP encryption, it prompts to enter the key, index 0, and then it takes forever to 
try and comes back "not connected" 

If I change the security mode to disabled it connects fine.

All this after clearing the AP list, etc etc.
Behavior is the same when using the connect by hand method.
Again, my laptops etc all work fine with WEP authencication, so its the Envivo that is acting up.

Firmware 1.4
Model KMP51x
Model type 1 - JX4755 - SD
Board Ver Kmp510 V0.3

Any suggestions?

Posted by rowjohnnyrow Message # 2     Posted at April 16, 2012, 8:47 am,     subject: WEP authentication Envivo PO-1171  
Registration date: March 3, 2012

put a workaround in place for now, installed dd-wrt on the E3200 and set up two SSID's, one with WPA2 for the Envivo, one with WEP for my TVwifi bridge thingy

Posted by penbex Message # 3     Posted at April 16, 2012, 9:12 am,     subject: WEP authentication Envivo PO-1171  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

Ok, great. As I need some time to better test WEP.

~W.