Home Live Radio Podcast Live TV Vodcast Forum Files Login Register :     Contact : 

Forum index Forum: Device: SkyTC - KMP510 (Envivo Otek Xenta Arnova) Topic: Lots of stations not playing Last replied to: February 25, 2012, 2:24 pm Back to post view
AuthorPostOptions
Posted by SteveINtheUKok Message # 1     Posted at February 24, 2012, 4:32 pm,     subject: Lots of stations not playing  
Registration date: February 24, 2012

I have a Disgo TVgo RM002 updated to 1.3 firmware.

I am having terrible problems trying to get radio stations to play.

Lets try a couple:

I have searched online and added Top 100 Station (Germany) to MyFavourites.

When I go into Internet Radio, MyFavourites and select Top 100 Station it brings up the screen with the red music note over the CD, says something about URL (Think Resolving URL) and then says Exit and goes back to the list of MyFavourites.

This seems to happen on a lot of stations, but not all. Some just hang the unit and either timeout or I have to power cycle the unit to regain control.

The same happens in Shoutcast, and LOTS of stations are missing from Shoutcast, not sure if that is because they are in the main Internet Radio directory and have therefore been taken out of the Shoutcast listings.

If I try I Love Radio from MyFavourites, it just says Connecting.

I listen to a lot of German radio, hence my having an internet radio, but I haven't found one that works so far.

Other stations do, Atlantic Wave Radio 1 works fine, as does Antenne Bayern Top 40 for example.

Top 100 Station and I Love Radio (DE) both work on the original firmware and via downloaded PLS files in iTunes.

Anyone help me?

Also where did the Atlantic 252 Tribute station go? Its not in the Internet Radio directory, its not in Shoutcast but if you go to the shoutcast website, it says its broadcasting ok.

Any ideas to my problems, is it the database not having the correct info? Is it me?

Posted by penbex Message # 2     Posted at February 24, 2012, 10:41 pm,     subject: Lots of stations not playing  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

Quote:
I have a Disgo TVgo RM002 updated to 1.3 firmware.
I am having terrible problems trying to get radio stations to play.
This seems to happen on a lot of stations, but not all. Some just hang the unit and either timeout or I have to power cycle the unit to regain control.
Anyone help me?
Hello,
The 1.3 version has problems with some stations. Also it does not report what problems it has with a stream if any.
Of course there can always be an outdated link in the database. The database is maintained by us, the users. The advantage is that whenever a stream is outdated you can update it.
Anyway, the issues with hanging or starting and returning right away have been solved in the upcoming version which will be released within a few day.

BR,
William

Posted by M0XDX Message # 3     Posted at February 25, 2012, 12:51 pm,     subject: Lots of stations not playing  
Registration date: January 10, 2012

If you do a search on the "Radio stations" page of this site for "Atlatic 252" it comes up.

Unfortunately I missed out the "N" from Atlantic when putting it in the database -sorry!!

Posted by roodbaard Message # 4     Posted at February 25, 2012, 2:24 pm,     subject: Lots of stations not playing  
Registration date: September 19, 2011

Quote:

If you do a search on the "Radio stations" page of this site for "Atlatic 252" it comes up.

Unfortunately I missed out the "N" from Atlantic when putting it in the database -sorry!!

@M0XDX

Atlantic 252 Tribute station modified and tested !

Stream-name: Atlantic 252 Tribute - (A Tribute To The LW Giant)
Info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_252
- http://www.atlantic252.com/
http://www.atlantic252tribute.co.uk/about-us 

Gr. Henk

(Last Edited by roodbaard on February 25, 2012, 3:20 pm)