Home Live Radio Podcast Live TV Vodcast Forum Files Login Register :     Contact : 

Forum index Forum: Device: SkyTC - KMP510 (Envivo Otek Xenta Arnova) Topic: HM 350 dead??? Help urgently needed! Last replied to: February 7, 2012, 8:13 pm Back to post view
AuthorPostOptions
Posted by Heinz Message # 1     Posted at February 6, 2012, 12:37 pm,     subject: HM 350 dead??? Help urgently needed!  
Registration date: February 6, 2012

Hello,

I have just tried to install the LL-firmware on my Xoro HM 350 (Firmware V1.8.9 KMP510.0 hmt 350 Type RM002) with this file "LLFirmware loader_for_Xoro_hmt350_510.0_RM002"

The only screen I get after loading is " Welcome to failsafe mode..."

If I press "Enter" the device is booting again until the same message appears.

I tried again with the original firmware V.1.8.9 on SD-card - but did only get the Failsafe mode.

Any solution for this?

Thanks in advance

Heinz

Posted by penbex Message # 2     Posted at February 6, 2012, 4:14 pm,     subject: HM 350 dead??? Help urgently needed!  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

Quote:
Hello,

I have just tried to install the LL-firmware on my Xoro HM 350 (Firmware V1.8.9 KMP510.0 hmt 350 Type RM002) with this file "LLFirmware loader_for_Xoro_hmt350_510.0_RM002"

The only screen I get after loading is " Welcome to failsafe mode..."

If I press "Enter" the device is booting again until the same message appears.

I tried again with the original firmware V.1.8.9 on SD-card - but did only get the Failsafe mode.

Any solution for this?

Thanks in advance

Heinz

Before flashing the device, prepare 2 SD cards.

SD1: the listenlive loader
SD2: the listenlive 1.3a firmware

First update from the original firmware to the listenlive loader using SD1.
After flashing and reboot you get the text screen with the "welcome to failsafe..."
Then insert SD2 and press OK.
The loader will then install the listenlive firmware.
After reboot you should get the colorful main menu..

- Of course you can use 1 SD card only, but then need to change the contents once you have installed the loader.
- You can also load other firmware on SD2. (like for example the original firmware or a different LL firmware version)

Posted by Heinz Message # 3     Posted at February 6, 2012, 11:31 pm,     subject: HM 350 dead??? Help urgently needed!  
Registration date: February 6, 2012

Finally I succeeded in installing LL V.1.3a and was really surprised about this new "desktop". But unfortunatly it did not work - the device very often hangs even if nothing was played or done - the "busy"-symbol appears and nothing more happened.
I could not use the internet radio function - when trying to choose a station the device mostly hangs up.

But luckily I could downgrade to the original Xoro firmware - now everything works again.

Too bad that your firmware does not work with my device - perhaps a later version!

Thanks for the help!

(Last Edited by Heinz on February 6, 2012, 11:44 pm)

Posted by penbex Message # 4     Posted at February 7, 2012, 8:13 pm,     subject: HM 350 dead??? Help urgently needed!  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

Although there are some bugs in version 1.3a, the behaviour you describe is only normal when there is no connection to the Internet.