Home Live Radio Podcast Live TV Vodcast Forum Files Login Register :     Contact : 

Forum index Forum: Device: SkyTC - KMP510 (Envivo Otek Xenta Arnova) Topic: fw 1.3a not working - need to go back to original Last replied to: March 21, 2012, 10:16 am Back to post view
AuthorPostOptions
Posted by chib0 Message # 1     Posted at January 21, 2012, 2:48 pm,     subject: fw 1.3a not working - need to go back to original  
Registration date: January 20, 2012

Hello listenlives -

I got a disgo KMP510 RM001 with fw 1.7 from Argos and succesfully updated the fw using the one on disgo www to 1.8.9 RM002. This fixed some of the probs in 1.7, but I decided to improve to listenlive fw, and that broke the whole thing. I can boot OK, but there are serious problem with using the unit:

cannot navigate through menus (randomly), e.g. if I go to region listings adn then click on the country, it does not display station list, but re-outputs the country list. Same thing happens in many other menus. Eg. can't get to choosing user for favourites
when I can get to the stations listing - not a single internet radio works ('resolving url')
same with most tv stations - including those that worked in  the original fw
weather setup does not do anything useful (can't select my location)
none of the pretty extra links on the main screen (like newsfeeds, cnn etc) work
the unit often freezes and needs a full reboot

Probems seem to accumulate rapidly - immediately after reflash at least some stations work, but then nothing works at all.

I tried going back to default settings repeatedly, and even re-flashed the unit with 1.3 a from scratch. It did little good.

It seems like the only way to get it working would be to go back to the original fw - but that does not seem possible, or is it? Failsafe mode would not recognise the multi-file  disgo firmware, and if I try to use internal memory update route and put the disgo loader there, it cannot see it either. Am I stuck?

Many thanks in advance for any advice! This site is great and I highly appreciated the modded fw capabilities, but it does not seem to work for me, unfortunately...

Posted by penbex Message # 2     Posted at January 21, 2012, 9:46 pm,     subject: fw 1.3a not working - need to go back to original  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

Just sounds as if your wifi connection is down...

Posted by chib0 Message # 3     Posted at January 21, 2012, 11:11 pm,     subject: fw 1.3a not working - need to go back to original  

Thanks for the response. But wifi is up - of course, I am typing using the same adsl connection. The disgo box does connect to it, that is one thing that works - it asks for ssid, password and shows that it's up. There were no problems with connection on original fw - so, it's unlikely that it's a hardware probem. Other wifi radios and live streaming setups in the house work.

Any other suggestions? And how to go back to the original fw? thanks!   

Posted by penbex Message # 4     Posted at January 22, 2012, 12:03 am,     subject: fw 1.3a not working - need to go back to original  

Obviously I meant the connection between the disgo and your accesspoint. It might be down for several reasons. Again, not because of the things you have in your home network but because not everything is supported yet.
For example, SSID with spaces like "My WIFI AccessPoint" will not work. This is listed as known and will be solved. 
A non working connection really seems to fit your problems.

There is no firmware update file in the format that is needed. I did also not have time to adapt the Disgo files to a format that works. Will do soon.

Posted by chib0 Message # 5     Posted at January 22, 2012, 3:37 pm,     subject: fw 1.3a not working - need to go back to original  

Thanks again, penbex! All makes sense. After a couple cold restarts it seems to function for the most part, but it does indeed drop connection at random - e.g. it does it when stopping a station playback (you then can't start a new station because wifi is cut off). Powering off/on sorts this. Bizzare. This is not helped by the many broken links in internet tv and radio listings, so you can never know what the fault is due to when playback fails. I guess checking them on the pc and reporting through the website is the next thing to do. Another annoying feature is that weather listings only pick up the first word, so for my town I find dozens of matches, but unlcear which one is right.

Thanks a lot again for your hard work and support!

Posted by penbex Message # 6     Posted at January 22, 2012, 4:18 pm,     subject: fw 1.3a not working - need to go back to original  

Quote:
Thanks again, penbex! All makes sense. After a couple cold restarts it seems to function for the most part, but it does indeed drop connection at random - e.g. it does it when stopping a station playback (you then can't start a new station because wifi is cut off). Powering off/on sorts this. Bizzare. This is not helped by the many broken links in internet tv and radio listings, so you can never know what the fault is due to when playback fails. I guess checking them on the pc and reporting through the website is the next thing to do. Another annoying feature is that weather listings only pick up the first word, so for my town I find dozens of matches, but unlcear which one is right.

The weather location is solved in the next version as reported in the first post.

Station playback has been greatly improved in the next version as well.. It now displays messages if a station can not be played for whatever reason etc.
also the detection of streamtypes is improved because for some streams special settings are needed with MPlayer.

~W.

Posted by M0XDX Message # 7     Posted at January 22, 2012, 7:16 pm,     subject: fw 1.3a not working - need to go back to original  
Registration date: January 10, 2012

One way I have found around setting the weather location is to find a small town nearby to you that has a unique name, i.e. the only town or village with that name.

It saves searching through several places with the same name to find the correct one.

Posted by chib0 Message # 8     Posted at January 23, 2012, 6:21 pm,     subject: fw 1.3a not working - need to go back to original  

Thanks, folks! OK, waiting for the next update patiently!
(Re finding a small place for weather settings: if you leave in the England, you'll find that even the tiniest most unique place name has been faithfully reproduced in every US state at least a couple times  - plus all those Canadian and Aussie impostors, too )

Posted by skycatcher Message # 9     Posted at March 2, 2012, 12:13 am,     subject: fw 1.3a not working - need to go back to original  
Registration date: February 27, 2012

I too am have problems with 1.3a - lot of things not working and wold like a way to revert to standard disgo s/w!

Posted by gedensor Message # 10     Posted at March 12, 2012, 5:34 pm,     subject: fw 1.3a not working - need to go back to original  
Registration date: March 12, 2012

I to wanted to go back to original firmware. Simply hold down the 2 small round button to the left and right, (back and power), switch on keeping them held down, it will go into recovery. make sure you have the firmware on the internal and external sd card from the disgo website like you did to upgrade it originally. It will then restore original firmware.

Posted by skycatcher Message # 11     Posted at March 13, 2012, 8:54 pm,     subject: fw 1.3a not working - need to go back to original  

Quote:thanks for the reply but i cant get this to work....i held those buttons down and turned on with the remote but it just loads up the same s/w - any ideas?

I to wanted to go back to original firmware. Simply hold down the 2 small round button to the left and right, (back and power), switch on keeping them held down, it will go into recovery. make sure you have the firmware on the internal and external sd card from the disgo website like you did to upgrade it originally. It will then restore original firmware.

Posted by penbex Message # 12     Posted at March 13, 2012, 9:04 pm,     subject: fw 1.3a not working - need to go back to original  

First unplug power, then you have to press the two outer buttons (back and power) and keep them pressed.
Then insert the power cable.. (do not use the remote to turn on)
When you get the boot screen you can release the buttons.

The Disgo will ask a question about the recovery files. Insert the SD card with those files and it will go back to the original firmware.
Be aware of the fact that all original firmwares have a killer bug that corrupts flash memory.

Also when you have installed the Disgo firmware do NOT go for the online firmware update. (The Disgo says it is available.. do not load it!!) 
This update is for a different model and will render your Disgo useless.

Did you try the 1.4 firmware yet? You still want to go back to the original firmware?

(Last Edited by penbex on March 13, 2012, 9:15 pm)

Posted by skycatcher Message # 13     Posted at March 13, 2012, 9:56 pm,     subject: fw 1.3a not working - need to go back to original  

Quote:thanks for this - i have tried 1.4 and was happy with it - but i want to use it as an alarm clock and it has frozen before the alarm and it has never acually triggered an alarm yet! do you think you can sort out alarms soon?

thanks for your hard work on this - i wasn't aware of the killer bugs on the original....not sure what to do now

First unplug power, then you have to press the two outer buttons (back and power) and keep them pressed.

The Disgo will ask a question about the recovery files. Insert the SD card with those files and it will go back to the original firmware.
Be aware of the fact that all original firmwares have a killer bug that corrupts flash memory.

Also when you have installed the Disgo firmware do NOT go for the online firmware update. (The Disgo says it is available.. do not load it!!) 
This update is for a different model and will render your Disgo useless.

Did you try the 1.4 firmware yet? You still want to go back to the original firmware?

(Last Edited by penbex on March 13, 2012, 9:15 pm)

Posted by penbex Message # 14     Posted at March 13, 2012, 10:23 pm,     subject: fw 1.3a not working - need to go back to original  

I think the alarm works on 1.4 if you use one of the standard sounds.
If you want to wake up with a radiostation you need to get a fix first but I am still working on that at the moment.
Of course this has high priority and the fix will be available soon.

Posted by skycatcher Message # 15     Posted at March 13, 2012, 10:43 pm,     subject: fw 1.3a not working - need to go back to original  

Quote:thanks for the info!

I think the alarm works on 1.4 if you use one of the standard sounds.
If you want to wake up with a radiostation you need to get a fix first but I am still working on that at the moment.
Of course this has high priority and the fix will be available soon.

Posted by skycatcher Message # 16     Posted at March 14, 2012, 12:06 pm,     subject: fw 1.3a not working - need to go back to original  

still couldn't get the return to orginal to work so have stayed on 1.4 - i really just wanted to check out the previuos firmware as i immediately upgraded to your firmware when i got this. it is really only the alarm that is bugging me & the lack of UK TV streams.

thanks

Posted by explmag Message # 17     Posted at March 16, 2012, 5:30 pm,     subject: fw 1.3a not working - need to go back to original  
Registration date: September 7, 2011

Quote:

After getting the message  "Is restored to the backup system?" from the ENVIVO after this procedure
which files are necessary on the SD to avoid the following message "Restore file is incomplete"
and to go either back to vs. 1.4 or to the original firmware?

(Last Edited by explmag on March 16, 2012, 5:32 pm)

Posted by roodbaard Message # 18     Posted at March 16, 2012, 6:06 pm,     subject: fw 1.3a not working - need to go back to original  
Registration date: September 19, 2011

@explmag - Envivo PO1119 or PO 1171

Step by step from original firmware (or by problems) to Listenlive firmware: (The save way!)
 - put the Listenlive loader firmware for your device (for Envivo PO1119 or PO 1171) on a SDcard.
 - perform the firmware update via the setting menu or if not appears by pressing OK
   after getting the message  "Is restored to the backup system?" on the screen.
 - the device will flash the loader and will automatically reboot when done and start with a text screen
 - put the last listenlive firmware (LLfw1.4) on an SD card
 - insert SD and perform the firmware update by pressing the OK button
 - the device will reboot when done and start with the ListenLive menu screen

IMPORTANT!
      Do not interrupt the update process, if you do it will most likely kill your device

gr. Henk

(Last Edited by roodbaard on March 16, 2012, 6:12 pm)

Posted by explmag Message # 19     Posted at March 16, 2012, 7:14 pm,     subject: fw 1.3a not working - need to go back to original  

Thank you, Henk, for your posting!

In the meantime I tried them all, but the result is always the same:

It starts with the entry screen of Williams Vs. 1.4, then the message is: 
"Is restored to the backup system?"

Then you can offer whatever you want but you always get the next message:
"Restore file is incomplete".

(Last Edited by explmag on March 16, 2012, 7:14 pm)

Posted by roodbaard Message # 20     Posted at March 16, 2012, 11:05 pm,     subject: fw 1.3a not working - need to go back to original  
Registration date: September 19, 2011

@explmag - Envivo PO1119 or PO 1171

I do not understand what is going on!
I even interrupted the process to see what can happen; No problem!
My devices: (2x) Aldi/enVivo PO1119 model KMP510.2 type RM002 Fw: && LLFirm_V1.4

I understand from William that the recovery mode only in extreme necessity may be carried out in consultation with him!
It is important to start completely dead (no batteries) as instructed by William!
Unplug power, then you have to press the two outer buttons (back and power) and keep them pressed.
Then you can follow the known instructions.

Good luck

Gr. Henk

(Last Edited by roodbaard on March 16, 2012, 11:29 pm)

Posted by penbex Message # 21     Posted at March 16, 2012, 11:09 pm,     subject: fw 1.3a not working - need to go back to original  

You should not use the recovery mode unless you are instructed to do so (eg. your system can not start normally anymore.)
If you want to change the firmware, you should do this through the firmware or through the loader.
~W.

Posted by explmag Message # 22     Posted at March 21, 2012, 10:16 am,     subject: fw 1.3a not working - need to go back to original  

@ all: To complete the story above:

As I was told about the original firmware, which can be downloaded under
http://www.teknihall.nl/uploads/media/update-firmwareV194.part1_01.exe 
I wanted to find out how it works and installed it on my Envivo with vs. 1.4 because I understood that this would be possible.

After that - of course - nothing worked.

The device still started with the entry screen of vs. 1.4, then the system stopped.
So the second try after that was the recovery procedure. Then I had the situation which was described above:

It still starts with the entry screen of Vs. 1.4, then the message is: "Is restored to the backup system?"
Then you can offer whatever you want (loaders, other versions etc.) but you always get the next message:
"Restore file is incomplete".

As William told me it is correct that none of the normal files can be used in the recovery mode.
There are special files necessary that have not been released by the manufacturer.

So the only way to get out of this loop is to use an "image" of the wanted firmware which has to be prepared for this procedure.

Thanks William for the information!