Home Live Radio Podcast Live TV Vodcast Forum Files Login Register :     Contact : 

Forum index Forum: Device: SkyTC - KMP510 (Envivo Otek Xenta Arnova) Topic: HW version error after upgrade of Disgo TV Go Last replied to: March 2, 2012, 10:48 am Back to post view
AuthorPostOptions
Posted by M0XDX Message # 1     Posted at January 11, 2012, 6:44 pm,     subject: HW version error after upgrade of Disgo TV Go  
Registration date: January 10, 2012

I received a new Disgo TV Go yesterday which was working until I did an internet upgrade on it.

After this no stations can be received, and the unit locked up with "getting data list".

I then downloaded the llfirmware downloader for the Disgo but after updating the firmware from internal memory the process does not finish but says "HW version error".

Firmware: V1.8
Model: KMP510
Hardware type: RM001

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards, Paul

Posted by penbex Message # 2     Posted at January 11, 2012, 8:13 pm,     subject: HW version error after upgrade of Disgo TV Go  
Registration date: May 21, 2009

I will post a new loader for that one.

Posted by maldyty Message # 3     Posted at January 11, 2012, 8:20 pm,     subject: HW version error after upgrade of Disgo TV Go  
Registration date: October 27, 2011

Firmware: 1.9.4

Hardware: RM002

Model: KMP510.0.1

Wiwa eRTV 208

I will post a new loader for that one

Posted by kalio Message # 4     Posted at January 11, 2012, 9:42 pm,     subject: HW version error after upgrade of Disgo TV Go  
Registration date: January 11, 2012

No będzie potrzebna ładowarka do v1.9.4
 charger will be needed v1,9,4

(Last Edited by kalio on January 11, 2012, 9:43 pm)

Posted by penbex Message # 5     Posted at January 11, 2012, 10:38 pm,     subject: HW version error after upgrade of Disgo TV Go  

Quote:

I then downloaded the llfirmware downloader for the Disgo but after updating the firmware from internal memory the process does not finish but says "HW version error".
Firmware: V1.8
Model: KMP510
Hardware type: RM001 

What was the firmware version that you had before the online update?

Disgo RM001 Loader now available in the downloads section..
(Last Edited by penbex on January 11, 2012, 10:40 pm)

Posted by kalio Message # 6     Posted at January 12, 2012, 7:10 am,     subject: HW version error after upgrade of Disgo TV Go  
Registration date: January 11, 2012

I tried for rm001 and rm002 version unfortunately does not work. Already got my radio with version 1.9.4 firmware type RM002

Posted by penbex Message # 7     Posted at January 12, 2012, 8:01 am,     subject: HW version error after upgrade of Disgo TV Go  

Uploaded v2 for the Wiwa eRTV 208 RM002

Posted by M0XDX Message # 8     Posted at January 12, 2012, 9:20 am,     subject: HW version error after upgrade of Disgo TV Go  

Sorry, I'm not sure what the firmware version was before the online update but I did find a label in the box that says S/W v 1.7.

I will try the Disgo RM001 loader shortly, thanks for the upload.

Posted by M0XDX Message # 9     Posted at January 12, 2012, 9:51 am,     subject: HW version error after upgrade of Disgo TV Go  

I have just tried the new loader but it  still comes up with HW version error.

Posted by maldyty Message # 10     Posted at January 12, 2012, 11:05 am,     subject: HW version error after upgrade of Disgo TV Go  
Registration date: October 27, 2011

Quote:

Aktualizacja działa-Wiwa ERTV208 RM002. Pozdrawiam

Posted by benjh Message # 11     Posted at January 12, 2012, 11:46 am,     subject: HW version error after upgrade of Disgo TV Go  
Registration date: June 16, 2011

I'm  just puzzled at the OP who seems to have managed an over-the-internet upgrade of a new Disgo, as I'm pretty sure there wasn't one. There was a downloadable file from Disgo's website, stick it on SD-card job... is this the cause of the error?

My Argos-supplied Disgo was on 1.7, and is now on  "official"1.89, model is KMP510.2 TVGO001R, Type RM002. Will "Williamise" it soon, along with my 2 Xentas.

(Sorry I'm not being more help, and sorry I'm not properly joining in the firmware fun... my life is simply stressfull hell at the mo, and any more tension would result in radios & walls meeting at speed. Music is (nearly) keeping me sane. Hope to join in again soon)

B

Posted by M0XDX Message # 12     Posted at January 12, 2012, 12:06 pm,     subject: HW version error after upgrade of Disgo TV Go  

Benjh,

Yes, I did the internet upgrade about 1 hour after receiving the Disgo (not from Argos).

I wish I hadn't though as it hasn't worked since!

All settings were completely different after this upgrade- it now comes up with an "Apex TV Digital" logo on start-up. I then go to the Network Radio/tv screen and can select:

1 Internet TV

2 Internet Radio

3 Radio Time, which in turn gives a selection of net media-Radio Time,Media Fly, Pandora and Nepster.

The 1st two lock up the unit and the 2nd two do nothing at all!

I did try the upgrade from the Disgo site afterwards but this gave a  HW version error problem .

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted by benjh Message # 13     Posted at January 12, 2012, 1:20 pm,     subject: HW version error after upgrade of Disgo TV Go  

OK, as you can see from the stress levels in above post, I may not be the best use... However...

My Disgo came from Argos. Original state was...
Model KMP510.0 TVGO001R
Type RM002
Firmware 1.7

I did a "Settings" "Firmware update", and none was reported. (This seems to be different to your experience...???)

I collected the files from the Disgo website (http://www.mydisgo.info/archives/1449), followed instructions to put them on SD card and on the internal memory, and system upgraded and worked successfully.
It now reported

Model KMP510.0 TVGO001R
Type RM002
Firmware 1.8.9

Note that my Type is different to yours... reported different anyway! Are there two Disgo versions? William will know... That might explain why yours could do an internet update... or it might have done it in error....

So, it sounds possible that your original "official" firmware upgrade may have gone awry, and caused subsequent problems.

Edit to add web address

{William... do you want any files off the Disgo before I put your stuff on it? Anything I can do, just shout... I might SHOUT BACK, that's all}

(Last Edited by benjh on January 12, 2012, 1:23 pm)
(Last Edited by benjh on January 12, 2012, 1:26 pm)

Posted by penbex Message # 14     Posted at January 12, 2012, 2:12 pm,     subject: HW version error after upgrade of Disgo TV Go  

Nope, not needed. I have all from the Disgo.

Regarding the models, it is clear that MOXDX has a completely different firmware. One that was not intended for Disgo.
However, with the information I will make a new loader that fits.  No problem.

I just wonder if both of your devices have a Disgo logo on it or are blank..
The Envivo has no logo printing.
It might be interesting to see what "Board version" ListenLive firmware 1.3a displays in the about screen on both of your devices.

(Last Edited by penbex on January 12, 2012, 2:14 pm)

Posted by M0XDX Message # 15     Posted at January 12, 2012, 3:05 pm,     subject: HW version error after upgrade of Disgo TV Go  

Mine does not have a Disgo logo on it.

I am begining to wonder about the history of mine, although I bought it "new" from a computer company in London it was the only one they had, came without a mains psu and had a weird label inside the box with this on it:

Project name KMP510, H/W MP#2, S/W 1.7, Date23-Jul-2010 and S/N 20100723-001

I wonder if it was used for an engineering project by the place I bought it from?

I can't tell you the board version as the listentlive won't load yet, of course.

Posted by benjh Message # 16     Posted at January 12, 2012, 3:49 pm,     subject: HW version error after upgrade of Disgo TV Go  

Mine has a "disgo" logo printed on the plastic below the screen (same position as Xenta, etc), but no logo on startup like the Xenta displays . Highlights Podcast for 3 seconds on startup. My battery compartment has a label affixed...

Model DisgoTVGO001R
S/N 2010080---3

Sounds like  M0XDX  might have had something odd as his...

Ashamed to admit I haven't loaded the LL firmware on it yet... hoping stress levels reduce first. Maybe this weekend...

Posted by penbex Message # 17     Posted at January 13, 2012, 8:58 am,     subject: HW version error after upgrade of Disgo TV Go  

KMP510 RM001 loader is available for download.

Posted by M0XDX Message # 18     Posted at January 13, 2012, 11:45 am,     subject: HW version error after upgrade of Disgo TV Go  

William,

Thanks for the latest upload for the Disgo.

I have tried it and it looked very promising until it got to the "Note: Do not power off!! When done, system will reboot" screen.
Unfortunately it has been doing this for over an hour, so is presumably not working.
The small dots are continuously running across the bottom of the screen, so it hasn't completely locked up.
Just to confirm I am doing this correctly, I loaded the "Loader file to upgrade from original Apex/KMP510 RM001 firmware to ListenLive firmware" on to the unit's flash drive, then went to the "Firmware update" screen, which it seemed to do correctly, saying "Update done".
After a re-boot it then came up with a recovery page telling me to put in an SD card and continue. On my SD card is the "Update to firmware version 1.3a for all models." I put this in and at this point the "Do not power up screen" appears and stays there.
Perhaps you could confirm that this is the correct procedure and if so what can I try next?

Thanks, Paul

Posted by penbex Message # 19     Posted at January 13, 2012, 1:02 pm,     subject: HW version error after upgrade of Disgo TV Go  

Step by step from original firmware to Listenlive firmware:
- put loader firmware on the device (or SD if the original firmware supports that -usually 1.86 and higher-)   <- this needs to be the loader firmware specific for your device model!
- perform the firmware update via the setting menu
- the device will reboot when done and start with a text screen
- at that point, put the listenlive firmware on an SD card and stick it in the device                                            <- this needs to be the latested ListenLive firmware! (currnetly 1.3a)  
- perform the firmware update by pressing the OK button
- the device will reboot when done and start with the ListenLive menu screen

So, when you get the text screen:

------------------------------
Welcome to the Failsafe mode
Since you are here there must be a problem with your device. At this point you cannot use your device or anything else.

The only option is to load a new firmware image. Your SD card has already been prepared for this. Once you start this process,
do not turn off the power! Only continue if you are running on AC power.

Are you ready to continue?

Press the OK button to continue.
Any other key will abort this program.
--------------------------------

You need to put the Listenlive 1.3a firmware on the SD and proceed.
If you load the loader firmware again it appears like there is a continuous loop.

Posted by benjh Message # 20     Posted at January 13, 2012, 1:56 pm,     subject: HW version error after upgrade of Disgo TV Go  

Edit: Ignore this... for some reason it didn't post, and is long out of date...

Wait for a real response from William, but I've just "done" my Disgo, with success. Sorry to rub it in...

Your serial seems very different to mine.. Mine is 2010080XXXX where the last 4 Xs are numbers (I'm just neurotic; that's why I'm blanking them... )

I don't know what you have got there, but I don't think it is a Disgo...

Anything I can do to help, just ask. Thing is, at the moment I don't think there is... I'm guessing that the Disgo loader would have spotted if your machine wasn't a Disgo, which would contradict my guess... that it's not!

(Edit... just got back to comp... didn't post for some reason...)

(Last Edited by benjh on January 13, 2012, 1:57 pm)

Posted by penbex Message # 21     Posted at January 13, 2012, 2:12 pm,     subject: HW version error after upgrade of Disgo TV Go  

Yes, his device was not Disgo branded. It does not matter much anyway. We have a gazilion different brand names.. and so far only 3 mainboards... so there are no big differences anyway.
Just the flash memory size and memory controller seem to differ.

Posted by M0XDX Message # 22     Posted at January 13, 2012, 2:13 pm,     subject: HW version error after upgrade of Disgo TV Go  

Yes, mine seems to be a strange one!

For further information mine now still powers up with the Apex TV logo but then goes to the "Welcome to failsafe mode-FW update".

I have tried it with LL1.3a firmware on 2 different SD cards, just in case, but still carries on updating and never finishes. It does seem to be recognising  the SD cards because if I try without the card in it says"Error: Firmware Update File not found

Posted by penbex Message # 23     Posted at January 13, 2012, 2:32 pm,     subject: HW version error after upgrade of Disgo TV Go  

Quote:

For further information mine now still powers up with the Apex TV logo but then goes to the "Welcome to failsafe mode-FW update".

I have tried it with LL1.3a firmware on 2 different SD cards, just in case, but still carries on updating and never finishes. It does seem to be recognising  the SD cards because if I try without the card in it says"Error: Firmware Update File not found

The logo is not replaced. It is however possible to replace the logo and show a nice listenlive logo but its just cosmetics. Not so important.

Your device boots, shows Apex logo and then gives the listenlive failsafe/loader screen.
Thats not too bad, as you can still flash firmware from that point. At least it is not dead.

What happens is this, you press OK, the loader grabs the firmware-update.bin file from the SD card and unpacks it.

Step1: it does some checks on the update file. This is to make sure we are not flashing the device with a corrupt firmware file.
If this check fails you get a message from the loader and 10 seconds later there will be a reboot.
Step2: After the checks the device will start writing the firmware to flash memory and when done it will clean up and reboot.

Obviously one of these two steps hangs the device. Since the loader stays active, the loader is never replaced by the 1.3a firmware program. which is pretty much at the end of step 2. So I doubt step 2 is actually reached.
Step 1 is nothing special but if your device has a non standard configuration it can cause trouble.

I will check something and send you some specific instructions via mail.

~W.

Posted by M0XDX Message # 24     Posted at January 20, 2012, 11:47 am,     subject: HW version error after upgrade of Disgo TV Go-Loading may take>2hours  

If others are seemingly stuck in failsafe mode-have patience!!

I tried mine again yesterday and after over 2 and a half hours the Listen live startup screen appeared!

Maybe, like me some people are not leaving their radios long enough to load the 1.3a firmware and it is certainly worth the wait.

For info from my Disgo:

Firmware version:1.3a
Model: KMP5X
Model type:1-JZ4755-SD
Board Ver: KMP510 ver 0.3

Posted by skycatcher Message # 25     Posted at March 1, 2012, 5:34 pm,     subject: HW version error after upgrade of Disgo TV Go  
Registration date: February 27, 2012

did it just sit at the boot load screen waiting for you to enter OK for 2 hours then loaded the new firmware? I am stuck at that stage and just going round in a loop!

Posted by penbex Message # 26     Posted at March 1, 2012, 7:01 pm,     subject: HW version error after upgrade of Disgo TV Go  

When you get the failsafe screen and it waits for OK, you have to provide the Listenlive firmware! not the loader!!

Thus:
upgrade from original firmware to loader..
when done you get the failsafe screen
insert SD with listenlive firmware then press OK
after this you will have the menu screen

step one: Loader is about 3 megabyte
step two: Listenlive firmware is around 26 megabyte

Posted by skycatcher Message # 27     Posted at March 2, 2012, 10:48 am,     subject: HW version error after upgrade of Disgo TV Go  
Registration date: February 27, 2012

thanks - now succeeded with this  - that was the problem i was having....